Zoo HowlFranklin Park Zoo
Saturday, October 25 & Sunday, October 26, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Presented by the Empire Loan Charitable Foundation
Purchase Admission Tickets
Zoo admission is free for members.
Children throughout New England are invited to trick-or-treat among the animals. Thrills, chills and animals lurk around every corner on the Trick-or-Treat Trail with treats provided by companies including KIND Snacks, Glee Gum, Annie's, Honest Tea, Plum Organics, Pretzel Crisps, Bare Snacks and Cascadian Farm. Other haunted happenings include:
- Creepy crafts generously provided by Michaels of Braintree
- Ghoulish games
- Costume contests
- Haunted maze
- Hayrides from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. $2 per person. Free for children under 2. See related video "A Man and a Tractor" below.
- October 26, 12:30 p.m.: Enjoy some spooktacular stories from Big Joe the Storyteller!
- October 26, 12:00 - 2:00 p.m.: HOT 96.9’s Pebbles, Melissa, Deirdre Dagata and Jackson Blue will be on site to add to the excitement.
- Make trick-or-treat collection boxes with UNICEF! For generations, kids have toted UNICEF's collection boxes door-to-door, raising over $170 million since 1950 to help children around the world—funds that have enabled UNICEF to save and improve children's lives by providing health care, improved nutrition, clean water, education and more.
- Animal enrichment: learn about the importance of enrichment as you watch animals receive pumpkins, generously donated by Whole Foods Jamaica Plain, as enrichment items.
- Join the U.Fund Dreams Tour at Franklin Park Zoo on October 26! This fun-filled day is sponsored by the U.Fund College Investing Plan, offered by MEFA and managed by Fidelity Investments. And while you’re there, be sure to stop by the U.Fund Dreams Tour tent to discover activities and a special photo opportunity designed to help kids picture future career possibilities.
The Empire Loan Charitable Foundation was created to support a wide range of community activities in and around the neighborhoods where Empire Loan operates.
General admission rates apply to Halloween events.