Saturday, May 9, Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Zootopia is Zoo New England’s annual fundraising gala, and this year it is being held at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel. Zootopia 2015 will “bring the Zoo” to Boston’s Seaport District– as the Renaissance Hotel and Ballroom is transformed for an unforgettable evening. Guests are encouraged to come dressed in animal inspired attire. The event begins with a VIP cocktail reception and silent auction followed by a spectacular dinner, live auction and dancing. Tickets are $300 per person. Sponsorship packages are also available.
Proceeds from Zootopia 2015 directly fund Franklin Park Zoo and Stone Zoo, as well as Zoo New England’s nationally-recognized education and youth programs and vital conservation initiatives.
For event details and sponsorship opportunities for Zootopia 2015, please contact Emily Irving at 617-989-2012 or email@example.com.
Submit your nominations for the “Zoo Hero Youth Award”
Do you know a Zoo Hero?
As part of the celebration of Zootopia, the Zoos are thrilled to present the Zoo Hero Youth Award. We're looking for conservation-minded youth who love Franklin Park Zoo and/or Stone Zoo!Submit a Nomination
2013 Zoo Heroes, Anna Rose Rudy and Adam Crellin-Sazama
Nominated youth should:
- Be between the ages of 8 and 18
- Have demonstrated a positive commitment to Zoo New England and its conservation mission
- Have engaged in some outstanding action to support Zoo New England and its conservation mission
- What positive environmental impact(s) emerged from the project? Any long-term or potential long-term impact?
- What skills did the youth develop throughout the project?
- What positive impact(s) has the project brought to the community? And which community? Local, regional, global? Any long-term or potential long-term impact?
- How as the youth helped raise awareness on this issue? Please describe any educational component.
- Other things to consider (if its project based) - creativity / innovation / design / time commitment.
- Project’s direct impact on Zoo New England and awareness of ZNE
2014 Zoo Hero, John Dello Russo, Jr.
Deadline for nominations:
Friday March 13, 2015 at 5:00 pm. Nominations received after this deadline will not be considered.
The winner will be notified by Friday April 10, 2015. The award, along with a $1,000 scholarship to further the recipient's project, conservation work and education, will be presented at the Zootopia gala. The awardee and two adults will receive complimentary tickets to Zootopia to participate in the awards ceremony.
Zoo New England was pleased to welcome back Citizens Bank as the lead corporate sponsor and the Boston Business Journal as the print media sponsor.